Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Poem of Gratitude for my Readers

Prairie rose volunteers

Be glad of your wants, each of you.
Do not be anxious for your life.
If you can, you shall not want.
Be still, be comforted, feel blessed.

When we did without all those years
And sacrificed for naught, then
I say we have known want:
Spiritual or material want or both!

The psalmist trusts, “I shall not want,”
But we struggle to get it right.
Unless we stand with who dare say:
“God loves me as you can see by my plenty.”

We can keep a prairie rose volunteer
In a clay or silver cup;
We can complete each sunrise or sunset
With a celebration in song of yet another day.

Somehow it’s the half empty cup
That’s filled with what is unseen:
The sense of contentment and acceptance
Of the unfinished business of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment