Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sixty Years Young

Yesterday, I had a perfectly normal Wednesday. Up early for breakfast and early morning birthday greetings from loved ones and out the door to Caribou for newspaper and coffee (thanks to a birthday gift from my dear sister, Theresa) and then on to Metro Mobility for a great day driving in the ice and snow ruts of undermaintained city streets, then made it early to church choir, and a late night hot chocolate stop at Starbucks with Rev. Rich Johnson, who was so thoughtful to invite me out to mark my birthday. He's a sweet guy and let me talk about myself. Today I had time for facebook and hotmail exchanges with friends and family who celebrated my birthday with me and to reflect on yesterday's events. I am so grateful for life and hope to keep that positive attitude even as going gets rougher with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment