Friday, October 1, 2010

Reflections on the Water

I do not want my previously stated positions found in earlier blogs on the non-existence of God and God's coming into existence to redeem humankind or to reclaim humankind as his own children to be misconstrued as a denial of the sciences which focus on this universe.

It is in this universe that we live and die and for that matter have our experience of God. I have a deep respect for science and only remind my readers that "science" means knowledge. The limited use of the word science for the inductive and deductive sequence of reproducible occurrences and prediction of outcomes in nature is not to be messed with by me (although many true believers in God think God is undermined by the success of science).

I obviously do not accept that the modern scientific community has any business concluding that atheism is anymore scientifically based than deism is so based.

The greater dimension than physics and chemistry can ever come to know is the larger than existence dimension of God. It is in concluding that a personal relationship with God is procurable by we so ordinary human beings that the spiritual domain has efficacy for we the living. This experience is well founded in human history and the personal experience of saints and mystics. I love the fact that Adam in the creation mythology of the Fertile Crescent walked and talked with God. I absolutely adore the notion that we are intended by God to be conversant with God on our good days and our bad. I also love the fact that Mother Theresa struggled with the non-existence of God, but wildly lived the life of one who permitted the God of Love to move through her into service to the outcasts of India.

The scurrilous remark of a Christian pastor was that God does not hear the prayers of the Jewish people. I know the humorous retort of God upon hearing the remark goes something like this: "Why listen to the prayers of someone who talks to me all the time?" So much for the self-righteous view of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment