Sunday, October 21, 2012

Requiescat in pacem, Dear Sister.

A Prayer for Brothers and Sisters

Eldest:
My Lord and My Savior;
I give you my heart and soul.
Youngest:
Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I place my trust in thee.
Second Eldest:
Help us children of parents, (living or +dead)
_______________ and ______________,
Always to do Thy will.
Second Youngest:
Welcome into Thy arms our
 (+brother, +sister) ________________
Who like we ___________ (number of siblings)
Came on this Earth,
So as to learn to rely on Thee.
Middle Child:
Dear Lord,
Hold all my brothers and sisters
In this life in the palm of  Thy hand.
As each of us should persist in this world,
Help us to grow in understanding
That we are each at best
But children of God
Intended only for Thee.
Unison Prayer of the Surviving Siblings:
We accept we are here but a short time
And then soon to leave this planet Earth.
Here but to learn to experience your love
And in small and subtle ways
That will permit us to walk into the light
Of your divine presence; and
So that we may one day rejoin our parents,
(+)_____________ and  (+)______________,
And our sister(s) +___________ (and +___________),
And our brother(s) +__________ (and +___________).
Amen.

©2012 by Richard J. Hilber.  All rights reserved.

Note to my readers.  This prayer was composed for my own brothers and sisters to be read graveside at the burial of our first born sister.  Whether you have brother or sister, this prayer is for you who survive and wish to understand the significance in part of of the passing of a brother or sister, beloved or not.  What is required of us as Christians is that we understand the Divine Intent that we one day come home to dwell with God where we his children come to live in the House of the Lord.  Anyone who uses this prayer, even the final segment uses it with my permission who wishes at a minimum to understand the mystery of God's love and desire of us that we come home at last to where we are from, God.  I also accept that not everyone has the wealth of good feeling for family that has been my blessing in life; and in truth in many instances by the grace of God that feeling has proven true inspite of the harshness and failures at times along the way of myself and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment