Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Beloved of the Earth

The Beloved of The Earth


I see you Father at hand here
In the irridescence of this wash.
Father, creator God of all,
Spirit of the Irridescence, purify me.
As I splash water onto my face,
Your love song is stirring me.

Do share with me your moment’s delight,
Your timeless and untiring dismay
At the awakening of your Beloved,
The One who is resplendent,
Resplendent in all Her facets:
The dark contours of Her vales,
The shimmering of Her streams, and
The hoisting canopies of Her trees.

Beloved One awaken to me too,
So that We may celebrate together
Your gift to me of yet another day.

May all who bask in the dawn
Now sing too in praise of You
At the return of this, the light of day.

Provide nurture for all your creatures
In their time each dependent upon You.
May they do always, as we do now,
Continue onward in praise of You.

Each song of ours is lesser
Than that of bird calls, whoops, and wails,
Less too than the budding color of flowers;
Yet teach us how to praise You
Better than to sing wordy anthems.

Mother God,
God of First Peoples,
Permit us to be deserving,
Of this place we call home.

May the people of all nations
Care first for you our common Mother,
Whose care for us is at best
The key to peace and understanding
And the purpose of our being.

Let our care of Her be always
Our humble prayer of praise
To You the Father God of All.

© 2012 by Richard J. Hilber. All rights reserved.

Author Note.  The following poem I composed this morning
to honor my ancestor Marguerite, daughter of the Algonquin Nation. RJH.


No comments:

Post a Comment