Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Meditation on My Other Self


Meditation upon Re-completion Of Ensler’s My Other Self


My brother, my friend, my other self,

My Lord and my God,

I would be with You and

I would be for You

Unto death, but especially

In episodes of turmoil and trouble

While I yet live on this ledge of time.


But in time of scarcity and abandon

Restoreth, My Other Self, the person,

The me Your Father created me to be.


I shall be fearless from now on

In enduring scarcity and want

As I know now it leads

To an emptiness inside me

Which only your Spirit

Can infuse with true love

For the Creation and my fellows.


Let me come to know silence

In which quiet and calm

The Spirit in Your Person

Grabs hold my heart

Massaging it sorely

Which stirs and excites my soul,

Quickening my rebirth anew.


Indeed, my mind is exercised now

By obtaining hereby as you will it

My sensation of You in your glory.

I am captivated and must look away too

But shamed by Your love of me.


In this instance I am,

Like Paul, unseated and dumb,

Blinded by what I have seen of You.


Empty me out too, Lord.

Let me know beyond

My intuition of

The nature of being,

The completeness of the Void

Which is God,

Knowable only to me

By silence and isolation.


Let me feel at least and at last

That portion of suffering

Of anguish, and despair,

Which portion you suffered

For me on Golgotha.


Wound me Lord with Thy love.

Let me live as one

Who has already died

Fearless and true

Fully alive in You and for You

Unto the last.



Richard J. Hilber, January 8, 2012.

1 comment:

  1. See the spiritual guidance which led to this meditation in My Other Self by Clarence J. Enzler, the Bruce Publishing Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 1958. Titling includes in its entirety the following: “My Other Self in which Christ speaks to the soul on living His life.

    ReplyDelete